16 August, 2006

Bloody Wiki

This morning I woke up leisurely (rare on a Wednesday because I'm usually trapped in a little green room on the upper west side ). But there I was with nothing to do for a couple of hours, so I started reading news articles. I stumbled across one about Castro that mentioned Adlai Stevenson before I knew it, I was reading about Eisenhower and Patton on Wikipedia . Five minutes later I was reading about Pancho Villa and it was 11 am and I still had to pick-up laundry and travel 45 minutes to an hour to lock myself in the little green room.

The preponderance of links call to me like the Sirens to Odysseus sucking me into a whirlpool of vaguely useful information and trivia. I wish Wiki no ill will and i only hope for its further success. I very much support the democratic and open nature of Wiki. I will continue to battle between my penchant for punctuality and my uncontrollable urge for knowledge.

No comments: