15 June, 2006

The Tiered Nature of Wake-up Times

In light of my and my cousin's general lack of sleep these days, I've decided to evaluate the various time slots for gaining consciousness in the mornings.

1. Before 7am, waking up is really not a good plan and my body sure as hell let's me know it. No matter what time I goto sleep the night before I will not wake up happy or refreshed unless it's one of those like 3am to 6am naps.

2. Between 7-8, wake up feeling functional but not great

3. Between 8:30-10:30, feels good and yet doesn't feel like you're sleeping the day away, optimal wake-up period.

4. After 10:30, don't really want to get out of bed and will go in and out of sleep for the next few hours before finally dragging my ass out of bed or will just lay about for hours.

No comments: